Last night was an unpleasant surprise as I logged on. I was sort of expecting this though with about 325 folders in my interface folder.
I tried my luck and logged on and what I saw was the most distorted version of the game I've seen with errors all over. I couldn't read the chat, I didn't see my own character on the screen and I couldn't zoom out.
I decided to delete all the addons and clear my WTF folder, only keeping the .lua files of gatherer, historian and mobinfo2. I then started to rebuild the UI with only Dominos replacing my Bongos2 and with X-Perl for my unit frames. This was without learning any new spells or placing any talent points. After a minute or two I got World Server is Down and gave up.
Being in the Beta I'm not really concerned as there's nothing I want to do on the live realms for now. It's pretty fun to fiddle with the UI so I'm looking forward to perfecting my new UI. I guess I'll wait until more addons get updated until I'm happy with everything again. I think that the action bars, unit frames and the chat and menus are the most vital parts of the UI for me. I'll start with X-Perl, Dominos, Align, Chatter and Fubar then we'll see where it goes.